Wind Turbine Technician
Greek subsidiary of multinational corporation in the Renewable Energy market with a large portfolio of Wind and Solar assets is seeking for qualified Technicians to enhance its Operation and Maintenance activities.
This role will be based in Nafpaktos - Greece.
Nature and Scope
Reporting to your regional O&M Area Manager, you will be expected to deliver scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services to Vestas V90-3MW wind turbine projects in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
Your daily activities will include, and you will be familiar with:
- Maintaining the highest levels of safety to comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Scheduled service in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Reporting and planning daily maintenance activity.
- Coordinating local spare part and consumable stock. Faultfinding, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all turbine systems, which will include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies and major components.
- Proactive repair or component replacement to prevent complete failure or System down time.
- Supervising specialist and subcontractor activity during main component exchange.
- Provide safety induction to contractors and visitors (if Lead technician is not available).
- Providing out of hours and weekend response to turbine breakdown.
- Ensuring the highest level of turbine availability.
Skills and Qualifications
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor (Technological Educational Institute - TEI) in Electrical or Mechanical (or equivalent experience)
- Significant experience on wind turbines in a technician capacity
- Knowledge of Vestas V90-3MW wind turbine
- Knowledge of other manufacturers will be a plus
- Experience the power of electricity and automation
- Experience in the maintenance of hydraulic systems
- Languages : Fluency of English is required
- High level of physical fitness, good health & ability to work at heights
- High level of computer literacy (MS office)
- Driver’s license required
- Strong safety minded person
- Excellent analytical thinking
- Strong sense of organization and planning
- Enjoy working in the field
- Ability to communicate and pass on technical knowledge